The Asthma Clinic provides diagnosis, treatment and management services specifically tailored for asthma patients. Our asthma experts are well aware of the severity of the disease and its impact on quality of life, hence they make sure that they align to help patients better manage the disease throughout the treatment process.
Symptoms of asthma can include any of the following:
- Coughing and/or wheezing, even if only at night
- Shortness of breath or sensation of tightness in the chest
- Runny or congested nose
- Eye irritation and tearing
Although medication will help manage and relieve symptoms of asthma and associated inflammation, there are several things you can do to aid the process, reinforce your health and lessen the likelihood of asthma attacks.
Some preventive measures
- Limit exposure to known and possible allergens inside the home and work-spaces. Common household substances such as chlorine-based cleaning agents, sprays, pollen, dust, mold spores and pet dander can aggravate the airways and trigger asthma attacks.
- Avoid extensive exposure to environmental irritants such as chemical fumes, car exhaust fumes, gas stoves
- Quit smoking. As well as benefitting your overall health, quitting smoking can help reduce or even prevent asthma attacks.
Please see a doctor immediately if you have breathing problems or any of the above asthma signs and symptoms. Early diagnosis is crucial to enable the most effective management of this condition as well as to help limit or prevent unnecessary and prolonged discomfort.